MEDICAL INFORMATION PAGE
Medical coverage provided by local volunteer medical professionals.
MILACA MEGAMEET EMERGENCY MEDICAL POLICY
• The number one priority of our medical staff is to respond to life threatening medical emergencies.
• Non-life threatening/minor injuries (example: scraped knees, minor cuts, etc.) may be treated if resources are available and time allows. Serious injuries take precedence and will be treated first.
Medical staff will not be able to provide any athletic taping or device applications. Coaches and athletes are encouraged to have their own school athletic trainers provide pre-race preparations.
Due to the large volume of athletes and spectators at this event, we are only able to provide ice to medically indicated injuries evaluated at the medical tent. 'Recovery ice' is the responsibility of the coach/team. If it is not feasible for you to travel with ice, you may bring a container to have filled prior to the first race at 10am.
COACHES MEDICAL RESPONSIBILITY:
Bring a well stocked first aid kit with all the necessary supplies to care of your own athletes.
• Bring all athlete emergency information with you. Make sure emergency contact phone numbers and health condition documentation that medical personal would need to be aware of are included.
• Bring all medications that your athletes require for their medical conditions. Make sure the medication is easily accessible and that you are aware of their location.
• In case of an emergency which requires a hospital visit, please designate an adult from your program (supervising adult, parent of patient) to accompany the ambulance to the hospital.
• Bring plenty of water and sports drink with you to the meet.
Invest in a water jug that will take care of your entire team. BECAUSE OF OUR REMOTE SITE, WE CANNOT SUPPLY WATER IN SUFFICIENCT QUANTITIES. ALL OF THE ABOVE SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE EVENT SITE AND NOT LEFT ON THE BUS.
• It is important that your athletes eat and drink properly on and before race day.
• Please do not allow an athlete to compete if they are injured or ill. By sending them to the start line, the coach has certified that they are healthy and able to participate.
COACHES CHECKLIST FOR MEDICAL ISSUES DO YOU HAVE…
FIRST AID KIT
taping supplies, bandages, gauze, scissors, etc.
WATER JUG/SUPPLY WITH CUPS
ATHLETE EMERGENCY INFORMATION
other personal medication
are they ready to run?
are they properly hydrated?
have they had the proper nutrition?
If you are missing any of the supplies please make sure that you have them prior to entering the GOLF COURSE.
COACHES MEDICAL CHECKLIST EMERGENCY PLAN
what is the plan in case of emergency?